Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

Peter
      Participant

Banned from youtube and Vimeo already. They say if you aren’t allowed to talk about something then it definitely should be talked about…

He is obviously a clever guy as he’s made a lot of the known facts fit his theory and he puts it all across with self belief and passion. but I guess you can say that about flat earthers, UFO abductees etc

Not gonna link it for fear of bringing retaggr into disrepute but easily found on the London Real website, only need a real email addy to view. It’s a meaty 2.5 hours.

toerag
      Participant

I haven’t watched it but I did watch the one with the lizard people back in the day.

Anyone else old enough to remember him before he was mental?

matt123
      Participant

When you spend your time drinking Tennents super you can seemingly make lots of unrelated facts fit all sorts of personal narratives

eeek
      Participant

Life is too short to waste time on crap like that. Even when some of us have plenty of time.

Gaz
      Participant

Banned from youtube and Vimeo already. They say if you aren’t allowed to talk about something then it definitely should be talked about…

Mein Kampf is banned. Some things are banned because it’s dangerous for idiots to be exposed to them.

Not gonna link it for fear of bringing retaggr into disrepute but easily found on the London Real website, only need a real email addy to view. It’s a meaty 2.5 hours.

Could you give us a summary? I’ve not heard about this and have no idea what it’s about, but there is no way I am giving up 2.5 hours of my life for David Icke.

Peter
        Participant

Could you give us a summary?

Reportedly, that COVID-19 is caused by 5G antennas; that 5G is being used to instruct the virus to locate and infect people (the virus being able to receive 5G signals, decode, interpret and act on them…). That Bill Gates is producing a vaccine that will contain nanochips that will be used for population mind control, that blah blah blah… (insert the usual mad bollocks here; Ed.)

Not surprised it was banned; for the waste of server space and network bandwidth, never mind trying to prevent other lunatics setting fire to base stations.

I bet there’s one retaggr member who was glued to it, and believes every mental bloody word.

Itstinks
        Participant

Mein Kampf was “banned” from being published by the state of Bavaria, who had taken over the copyright from the American military administration in 1948 (?) and subsequently refused to print the book. This may seem a silly way to “ban” a book, especially as it does not cover existing copies, but it allowed them to also pursue anyone who tried to print that book abroad for copyright infringement, including, IIRC, some publisher in the UK in 2012ish.

When the copyright was about to run out, the government ov Bavaria commisioned a critical, annotated edition for historical studies that they pubslished and distributed (restrictively) themselves.

While the book as such is not banned in Germany (as e.g. in Austria), it is on the index and cannot e.g. be sold to minors.

Also, even though ownership or distribution of the book as such is not illegal of itself, depending on context it may constitute political hate speech (“Volksverhetzung”) and can be illegal as such.

simon
      Participant

I wonder if it’s all an act. I assume he makes money spouting this crap.

Davedave
        Participant

I have wondered that about him and others especially that arsehole behind infowars.

On the one hand once someone believes in one conspiracy they do seem more likely to believe in multiple so sprouting crap about multiple subjects is perfectly conceivable.

On the other I suspect there is a reasonable money to be made from it if you get to the top. Plus even if you believed in the beginning but now dont its going to be hard to get a proper job afterwards isnt it? Doubt there is as much money on the skeptic speakers circuit and to get a normal job you would need to rely on the person never using google.

Overall I think I would go for a mix. Some stuff they believe in and the rest they just roll with to keep the money rolling in.

eeek
        Participant

I’ve never been able to decide whether :

a) He genuinely, absolutely 100% believes the stuff he spouts and feels it his life’s mission to spread the word, or

b) It’s a case of “how ridiculous can I get before they finally rumble me and I have to ‘fess us to doing it all for the money”

My money is on b. In the same way that the editor of the Sunday Sport talked about how him and his journalists sat around their offices trying to outdo each with mad stories and who could come up with the craziest, you know?

I’ve not read all of Icke’s stuff…I think I stopped when I got to the one about the moon being a hollow space station / vehicle for the alien overlords, which is used as a transmitter to project a false reality into our minds.

No, really.

Peter
      Participant

I have undertaken extensive research of my own – I googled ‘lizard overlord’ – and among all the hysterical fantasist tripe I came across this hard evidence from an American chemist Ronald Breslow

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2128650/Welcome-new-lizard-overlords-New-study-suggests-alien-worlds-super-intelligent-dinosaurs.html

If these intelligent dinosaurs get rockets they could be here anytime/already? Not so thigh-slappingly funny now?

simon
        Participant

You’re right. But there again: ‘Of course,’ Breslow says, ‘Showing that it could have happened this way is not the same as showing that it did.’

Peter
          Participant

You obviously aren’t taking this seriously. I mean how did they get the photograph of the incoming asteroid that did for our dinosaurs? It must have been taken by an alien spaceship (most likely piloted by lizard overlords in a plan to wipe out rivals on this planet). I think you’ll find my evidence is overwhelming.

Ian
      Participant

i’m giving it a go… i can see how people are taken in.

one of his early points is that the virus is indistinguishable from naturally occurring exosomes that are induced by many illnesses, stress and EM fields..

he cites Dr Kaufman who explains it in a nice reasonable way here for any old tom, dick and harry to digest and discredit (or not) :

Robert
        Participant

OK, I don’t know who this guy is, I’ve only skimmed through the video, and exosomes aren’t really my area… but where he’s comparing exosomes and the virus he either deliberately or through ignorance mixes up ‘ACE-2’ and ‘ACE-2 receptor’ (which doesn’t make sense, the ‘receptor’ for ACE-2 is angiotensin II and some other peptides). He implies that naturally occurring exosomes may have ACE-2 on their surface, which seems fair enough, and the virus does too, which is wrong. The virus encodes and expresses its own ‘spike’ (S) protein on its surface, which is what binds to ACE-2 on the surface of cells to infect them. In that sense the viral S protein is an ACE-2 receptor.

The only way a human cell could generate such a (let’s call a vesicle) with S protein is by being infected by the virus. The S protein is not encoded by the human genome. I’m not really sure what point Kaufman is trying to make but it seems to be that COVID-19 isn’t a viral disease but some sort of exosome disease cause by something else. I’m not watching the things again but I think he also says the virus is about 500nm and the same size as the exosomes he’s looking at, which is also wrong (about 120nm). He also says exosomes contain RNA, which some of them may, but unless there is a viral infection it will be human RNA.

I should say that the whole area of exosome research is fairly new (apart from the well-known dendritic cell antigen presentation function) and I think it’s fair to say has been somewhat overblown in the way that new areas often are. Viruses replicate in a number of ways and coronaviruses do bud out from the cell membrane and incorporate some of it into their structure.. To that extent I suppose they are a sort of exosome but here this seems to be being presented in a deliberately misleading way.

Ian
          Participant

A good example of how a plausible and rational explanation can be built from a few facts and half-truths to suit an agenda (5G)?

Would be good if you could comment on his vid for educational purposes..

simon
        Participant

A lot of what he has said is wrong and easily proved as such, he called 5g out as being based on a weapon, says it uses same wavelength as those dispersion weapons the US military trailed a while back, those wavelengths are 8 times the size of 5g and those longer wavelengths did not fully penetrate the epidermis. So dangerous though as misinformed people will buy into it. as I recognise the technique the videos use, its based on sales theory, presenting certain facts, then reinforcing them, though instead of a closed sale, he is seeking to elicit belief from the listener.

jeff
        Participant

My take on the exosome story is that someone half read and failed to understand the mechanism of HIV budding, which indeed coopts the cellular machinery used normally to produce exosomes.

Robert
          Participant

I think that’s right. The presentation opens with a quote from James Hildreth, who’s a bona fide HIV researcher: “The virus is fully an exosome in every sense of the word”. Of course, it’s completely without any context, not about this virus and clearly aimed at a scientific audience who would understand that he didn’t mean that viruses (even HIV) and exosomes were indistinguishable.

The whole presentation is either offensively poor science or deliberate misrepresentation and wouldn’t have survived a junior grad student lab meeting. I didn’t see any attribution and there are a lot of Kaufmans on PubMed. If he has a PhD I suspect it’s in something completely irrelevant. :/

Yorkshirelad
      Participant

I really think we should adopt a policy of zero tolerance for this rubbish. Quite right that YouTube isn’t giving it a platform and it would have been better if you hadn’t advertised it either.

You might have a laugh at him but there are those with mental health issues who will take this crap seriously and detach themselves a little further from reality.

Gaz
      Participant

He’s just jumping on the latest bandwagon.

Stuff like this does need to be banned so that gullible people can’t be influenced by it. There are limits to free speech and this sort of thing clearly shows why there should be. We can’t show this video for the same reason that you can’t shout Fire! in a crowded theatre, it will get people killed.

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.